Gonubie Primary School has a set of rules with which each child must comply.
Basically the rules cover the following aspects of school life.
Each child has the constitutional right to a good education in a clean environment and in a friendly, peaceful atmosphere.
Therefore, if a child infringes on another’s rights by transgressing the following rules of conduct, corrective measures will be enforced as set out in this document.
- Always behave in such a way to bring credit to the name of the school.
- No pupil may fight, bully, hit or hurt a fellow pupil or behave in any way that will affect the good discipline at the school.
- Never swear, use bad language or speak disrespectfully of God or any religion, either in school or in public.
- Always be polite, courteous and respectful towards all members of staff, employees and fellow pupils
- All pupils shall obey all orders and instructions given by the Headmaster and Staff.
- Always obey all instructions given during a test or examination and never cheat, or attempt to cheat or break any regulations regarding the test or examination.
- Any task, whether classwork or homework, that is given by a teacher must be completed neatly and handed in on time.
- Pupils are expected to take part in all educational activities.
- Pupils shall attend classes every school day or bring a formal note of absence from his / her parent or guardian. No pupil may be absent from class or leave the school premises without permission.
- When a pupil has joined a sport or extra-mural activity he / she is expected to complete the full season.
- Always wear the correct school uniform or sportswear.
- Always dress neatly and decently whenever you represent your school.
- Never steal, damage, dirty or spoil school property or any other person’s belongings.
- No pupil may use the school’s facilities or equipment without permission.
- No pupil may smoke on, in or outside the school premises or be in possession of drugs, alcoholic drink or offensive reading matter or material, or give them to anyone else.
- Never accept a lift in any vehicle which has not been approved to carry pupils to any school function, outing or sport.
- No pupil may hitch-hike on a public road whether in uniform or not.
- No newsletter; notice, pamphlet, banner; poster or any other object may be displayed or distributed outside or inside the school premises without permission.
- Always show respect to the national symbols of South Africa and the codes and rules of the school.
- No pupil may chew gum during school hours or in school uniform or whenever representing his I her school whether in uniform or not.